Monday, January 12, 2009

The Prequel

Fighting has always been a dream of mine since before i can even remember. Whether it was boxing, or wrestling I loved it everything about just amazed me. I was introduced to MMA back in 2000 and i knew then that I wanted that to be me, in the ring, under the lights and surrounded by thousands of screaming fans. I always loved to compete in almost everything I did. And now MMA opened up a whole new world for me with so many different fighting styles and ways to compete using them. I wanted to do what i love and get paid for it because to many people in this world just Settle... To pay the bills they work day in and day out at jobs that go absolutely NOWHERE, for whatever the reason may be I never wanted that to be me i told myself that I would refuse to settle.
I think my biggest influence to follow my dream was my uncle. He showed me that if you have a dream that only you can make it happen, he wanted to race Super Sport Bikes professionally an he did. It took him a few years but he made it to the top with the best of the best and he never gave up. He taught me that no one will do the work for you or snap their fingers and make you famous its completely on ME to make my dreams come true. SO....9 years, 2000 miles, and a criminal record later i finally pulled my head out of my ass and got my shit together.
I'm from the south, Dallas TEXAS to be exact and a year ago i moved to Houston thinking I could start my life over from scratch and pursue my dream of fighting. Um NO didn't quit work out like I thought it would HA HA I ended of in a whole lot of SHIT and was sent to jail for a little while to think about what i did. Well that was it for me, NO MORE!! no more bullshit, no more excuses, no more anything it was time i took real control of my life and like my uncle taught me make my dreams come true. So December 2 2008 my birthday i was released from jail and not 3 days later i was packed and moving my shit back to Dallas. I saw my family for the holidays put my shit in storage and got on the road California for 1 because theres not many places to train in Texas and 2 my sister already lived there. 
My favorite fighters by far are Randy Couture and "Razor" Rob McCullough. Randy trains in Vegas and Rob is in Huntington Beach California at a Gym Called "Huntington Beach Ultimate Training Center" so that's where I'm going, to be one of the best train with the best. Wish me luck and hope I don't lose my teeth ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment